Monday, February 1, 2010

Wallpaper Fun!!

So, I needed a change and thought, "Why paint? Let's wallpaper!!" The idea sounded great and easy and when I got my wallpaper, I was ready to wallpaper the entire house, but now that the project is over, we will wait a little while. You would think that after all the years that wallpaper has been around, some one would have found an easier way to do this that didn't include frustration and language that children shouldn't hear!!!


This is Carrie helping me out. She was the photographer and recorded this lovely memory.



Presli Jo was worn out by the whole process. She decided to give up and just go to sleep so she didn't have to watch.



Almost done and I ran out of wallpaper. Had to wait a week to get some more.


Ta Da!!! The finished project! I absolutely love it and hanging wallpaper isn't all that bad??????



7 comments:

Dycie said...

Amy, the final project looks so good! I like it a lot.

Jennylyn said...

Your assistant is lovely. The wall looks great - I'm so impressed by your skills!

Jennylyn said...

I don't know if I would have posted that picture of that sweet baby so clearly unattended to. You two might want to check your babysitting skills. If I were her mom, i'd be pissed.

Mike, Jodi, Bryson, Callie & Mylie Schwartz said...

Your wall paper looks great. Dennis just helped me paint my whole upstairs so I feel your pain a little bit.

jami v. said...

i LOVE the wallpaper!! i told jas that i am SICK of white walls but he REFUSES to help me paint and i'm sure he won't help wallpaper either. want to get on a plane, bring your assistant and your wallpaper skills and come help me?? :) think what fun we would have!!!! oh, it's a plan. come, come. it would be a cousin reunion!!! i really am jealous. it seriously looks AWESOME! (and i'm with jenny, i'm not sure i'd be advertising your babysitting services with that pic of presli jo :) )

jami v. said...

ps-amy i'm loving your hair. i'm growing mine out and it's SCARY so i think you should post close ups of your hair so i can get an idea... :) and take it to my hair person. :0

Cody and Cammy Telford said...

Love the wallpaper! You did an awesome job! It looks like you had some good help!