Monday, April 12, 2010

Happy Easter!!



Easter - the first holiday of Spring. I always feel that spring is here once the Easter bunny has come and the annual Easter egg hunt and cook out is over. Since Grandpa Darley has died, mom has taken over the Easter egg hunt and weinee roast. What a great tradition. I have great memories of this growing up and now my kids are creating these same memories. The kids wait with anticipation as Grandpa Leishman loads the gun and gets ready to start the hunt. Once the gun goes off, it is mayhem!!!

Stockton finally figured out what was going on and started filling his basket rather than eat while he hunted. The older kids were really good about making sure all the little ones had treats in their baskets.

Charly and Stockton enjoying their bounty!


Nothing says Easter like baby goats! Carrie has added two new babies, raising her tally to 6 goats in all!!! So cute!!!

3 comments:

Jennylyn said...

Love it! I'm sad I missed the big hunt, what great memories we have from this exciting time and I'm so glad the tradition goes on and someday my kiddos can enjoy it too! Love the photos, leave it to Avrie to pose, notice she's the only one! I'm glad you tossed the goats int here too, instead of baby chicks like grandpa D. had, we have goats!

Unknown said...

So Cute. I'm glad someone took some pictures. Aren't those goats stinken cute. Who's birthday is next? Amy pick your goat.

jami v. said...

ah ... so cute! what a great, fun tradition! i tell ya - it's ALL about traditions and making good memories. you're lucky to be so close and to be able to do so much together.

i LOVE the goats! they are SOOOO very cute!! tell carrie to send some my way! i have TONS of yard i would LOVE some roaming my yard!!! :)