Saturday, May 1, 2010

Mya


I found this Martina McBride (My Daughter's Eyes) song on the playlist site and I thought the words were great. I am so lucky to have all my kids, and I am blessed with sons and a daughter. I think these words could go for either one. I hope that I am a hero in my kids eyes. I think about it all the time and what my kids will remember most about me. I work on it everyday.

Mya is my little angel. She is my princess. I love her love for life and learning. Everything is a new adventure. She loves to play and it doesn't matter who she plays with. She will talk to anybody and make a friend of everyone. She loves her brothers. She plays and wrestles with Caleb and is a little mother to Stockton.

Mya has her dad wrapped around her finger. There is just something about a daughter and her daddy. Craig would do anything for each of his kids, but there is something special between Mya and her dad.

I am excited for her future and the young woman she will become. I hope she carries some of her innocence with her as she grows. I hope she remains strong and true to herself. Caleb, Mya and Stockton are all part of our future and I am grateful they are mine to raise and I hope I can teach them the things they need to know and to be strong for all their friends and peers.

1 comment:

jami v. said...

it is a great song ... and your little mya is beautiful! :) what a great post about her -- one day, she'll love those words you've written. you are a great mom -- and even the fact that you take time to think about wanting to be a good mom makes you an even better mom. thanks for sharing ... :) (and i'll agree about a dad and their girls. jas is totally smitten and i'm afraid lex is going to have her dad on her side forever more! :) )