Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Changing of the Seasons

So, remember my wallpaper project from last January??? This is the finished project, it looks so nice....I came upstairs the other day to see that Stockton had pulled off four large patches of this beautiful wallpaper....UGH!!!! I didn't know what to do, I think I was in shock!! All I was thinking was that I was going to have to tear it all down and put it back up again. I didn't think there was any way it was going to be patched and look decent!!!! It's a good thing he's cute.........I did get it patched and you can't even tell. Thank heavens for wallpaper glue sticks.......

On to better things...This is our drive through the mountains on conference Sunday in October. The leaves were so pretty and it was 90 degrees, even on top!!!! It was beautiful. We are so lucky to live here and be surrounded by these beautiful mountains and the changing of the seasons.
Mya's kindergarten class visited the Pumpkin Walk this year. This is always a fun thing to do. At the end they have all of these cut-outs that the kids can play in. I thought these were so cute, even Stockton loved it.
Mya - always a princess!!!!!


Stockton - my little yoda.

Now, here we are cutting Christmas trees in our winter wonderland. It has been a long time since we have had this much snow for Thanksgiving. We couldn't even get into our usual spot for tree cutting this year. We just had to pull off the side of the road. The snow was up to our waists in places. The kids had a ball sledding, but they got worn out pretty quick. We got some pretty trees and the snow even made it more fun!



I don't think we'll have to wish for a White Christmas this year!!!!!!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Cute pics! My Miley still asks when she can play with "her cousin from the Christmas party in the old church." Then I remind her that her name is Mya and she says, "Oh yah, Mya!"
:D

jami v. said...

i think God made kids cute so you wouldn't give them to the zoo when they do crazy stuff (like destroy your wallpaper). :) man ... good thing we love them!!

i love your season pics. my mom told me the xmas tree adventure was truly an adventure this year. wow ... i wish you could zap a little snow my way. it's just cold and COLD. happy white christmas!

xoxoxo

Lisa Garcia said...

Hi Amy! Love your blog. I really miss going for trees with everyone... some great memories. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas! Here in San Diego it's hard to get in the mood. (Is it normal to be in shorts and flip flops at Christmas?:)